On Saturday, December 3, Spain hosted the first season El Clasico, Barcelona vs Real Madrid.
Barcelona host Real Madrid on its own native stadium Camp Nou. According to analysts data, the bets turnover for the match Barcelona vs Real reached 25 million euro ($ 26.5 million), received only by Spanish online bookmakers.
According to Expansion edition, as referred to Spanish online gaming Association (Jdigital) data, bets turnover for El Clasico grew by 25% in comparison to the 2015/2016 season. We are talking about the game, which took place on April 2, 2016. Real won that match with 2:1 score).
The 20% of the bets total amount was made before the game started. The rest 80% – directly through live betting.
Real and Barcelona generated almost 50% of all La Liga matches bets during the season. The economic effect of the eternal rival’s opposition is extremely important. It becomes even more profitable in gambling online sector, “- Jdigital president Sasha Michaud announced.
On the eve of the match, Spanish online bookmakers have spent on advertising three times more than usually during a week.